THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN OUR 13TH ANNUAL RIDE
DUE TO THE RESTRICTIONS IN PLACE DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, MANY THINGS HAVE CHANGED
BUT NOT THE NEED TO FIND A CURE FOR PARKINSON’S DISEASE! SO….
WE WILL RIDE!
ON SEPTEMBER 12TH WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER, THOUGH APART…
CYCLING IN SYNC!
Changes to the 2020 New England Parkinson’s Ride
- As we all work together during this unprecedented time, we encourage everyone in our Ride Family to stay strong for the cause. Though we are unable to ride together in Maine, and for months have been told what we can’t do, let’s focus on what we can do:
- Find unique and fun ways to fundraise with the knowledge that whatever you can do is more than what will get done without you. Every dollar you raise will help keep the research alive and gets us closer to a cure!
- Gather your family and friends, pick a favorite route in your area, and join us for a LIVE START! (Just make sure you are following social distancing and local guidelines regarding allowable gatherings.)
- Stay connected, have FUN…and revel in the pure joy that comes from knowing that together we are making a difference!
All cyclists please note:
- Depending on the state and town you live in, many of you may be able to ride with your Team…even if you have to break into smaller groups. If you are bringing back or creating a team, please make sure that the Team Captain is the FIRST to register! Once that has happened, the rest of the team will simply select “join a team” during the registration process. When searching for a team name, please use only a few letters to avoid misspellings, and then select your team from the drop down box. If your team does not appear, the Team Captain has not yet registered. You may still complete your registration and then join the team from your Fundraising Dashboard, once the Team Captain sets it up.
- If you rode last year, your Team Fox password is still active as long as you use the same email address. Just plug it in when asked for a password at the beginning of the registration form. If you have forgotten it, there will be a “forgot password link” and a password reset will be immediately emailed to you. New cyclists will simply create a password. Please remember your password as that will also be your login to your Fundraising Dashboard.
- If you are riding as a couple or part of a team, please remember that all cyclists should fundraise individually. There will no longer be a button to Donate to a Team, but rest assured that your Individual fundraising will show as part of the Team Total!
Registration fee for our Synchronized Ride is $30 and includes a t-shirt and buff. Although there is no fundraising minimum this year, we know that Parkinson’s disease has in some way touched your hearts and your lives and that you will do your very best to keep research moving forward.
All cyclists will be required to obey the Rules of the Road and sign a Waiver during the registration process.
Registration Fee for children ages 13 through 17 (as of Ride Day) is $25 and includes a 2020 Ride T-shirt and buff. There is no fundraising minimum for teen cyclists though they are certainly encouraged to do whatever they can…after all, they too are here to help us find a cure! Teens will be given their own online Fundraising Dashboard.
All cyclists will be required to obey by the Rules of the Road and sign a Waiver during the registration process.
There is no charge for riders who are under the age of 13 (as of Ride Day) but all children must be registered, if they plan to do any fundraising and would like a 2020 Ride T-shirt. Unfortunately the registration site requires that each cyclist is registered separately, which means you will need to use a unique email address for every registration. (You can create a free one on Gmail or Yahoo for this purpose.) Children are encouraged to do small fundraising events or chores and will be given their own online Fundraising Dashboard, if you chose to use it. Of course all youth riders must ride with an adult, even during the Synchronized Ride, and understand the Rules of the Road.
*Registration fees help offset operational expenses like office rent, utilities, staffing, and the official 2020 T-shirt, making it possible to donate 100% of the money raised by our cyclists to The Michael J. Fox Foundation. Registration Fees are not refundable.