Follow the Rules of the Road!
This is not a closed course. As you ride, you must obey all traffic signs and laws just as motorists do. The police have made it very clear that failure to do so will result in the loss of our Ride permits.
- Ride in a single file.
- Always pass other cyclists on the left and announce “on your left!”
- Use hand signals to indicate turns, but always look before changing lanes.
- Remember, pedestrians have the right of way, especially at crosswalks. You MUST stop!
- Follow police officers’ directions.
- Some areas, like Kennebunkport are heavily congested with tourists. Be alert and be respectful.
- If you act irresponsibly, you will jeopardize our Ride permits. Please don’t let that happen!